Discussions by passengers on a Sydney Airport Shuttle Bus often turn to differences between Australian culture and overseas destinations.
- BBQ’s at hardware stores and political elections.
- Beetroot on so many foods, including some BBQ items.
- Children swingling on clotheslines.
- Spiders, from harmless huntsman to funnel webs that rarely cause fatalities.
- Checking shoes for spiders
- Thick white zinc cream for Sunblock
- Magpies swooping season
- High property prices
- The incredibly long distances between cities and towns.
- You are expected to sit in the front seat of a taxi and be social with the driver.
- Thanking the bus driver when you get off the bus
- Nobody drinks Fosters beer, even though it is made her. Export only!
- Aero guard insect repellent
- School kids now being made to wear hats
- Wearing gloves to drive because the steering wheel is hot.
- Flashing headlight to warn drivers of a potential hazard.
- Calling almost everybody ‘mate’.
- Vegemite and how to spread it in the right proportion.
- Hot Christmas days
- Restaurants and eateries with every foreign cuisine from Asia and Thai to Italy and Europe.
- Meat pies and sausage rolls. This is strange for some foreigners.
- Tipping not expected, but neither is it refused.
- Yes Australians occasionally eat kangaroos, but it’s not the most common meat. Even the locals consider it slightly strange.
A Sydney Airport Shuttle Bus will get you to your flight on time and in comfort.